dimanche 2 septembre 2012

If I Hadn't Made These 3 Mistakes When I Started My Online Business

When I first started my online business, I was clueless
Silly me...
I had 25 years of business management and marketing under my belt and thought this was gonna be a walk in the park. I mean, I've run businesses with 50+ employees. Surely conquering the world behind a computer screen in my jammies would be a piece of cake, right? Wrong!
I think that's what most of us think when we start an internet business. How hard can it be, right? After all, we've seen so much about average people finding overnight internet success on autopilot, while they slept. If they can do it, so can we.
I'm here to tell you that's a bunch of whooie.
It doesn't work that way. Nobody who's green to building an online business just jumps right in and starts making money immediately. It's not realistic. You have to learn how it's done. The process, the mechanics and the marketing. The offline world of business does not prepare you for the online world. You have to educate yourself, learn then implement, rinse and repeat. The one thing that offline and online have in common is that overnight success usually takes a while.
Mistake #1 - Not taking list building serious enough
Building your email list is the #1 most important thing you must do each and every day in your business if you want to make money. Period. Nothing else you do will matter much if you don't have a targeted responsive list of prospects to market to over and over again. Your list is the bread and butter of your online business. I didn't quite get that. I was told you can make big profits with a small list. The fact of the matter is you can make a little money, but not much. The bigger and more targeted your list the more money you will make. Plain and simple. You should be adding people to your list each and every day. If not, you might want to rethink your strategies.
Mistake #2 - Trying to figure WordPress out on your own
Can it be done? Absolutely. But should you waste the time and energy involved in learning it on your own? Probably not. WordPress is now the industry standard for your blog or website because it's so search engine friendly and there's just nothing you can't do with WordPress. It's capability and functionality is 2nd to none. Once you know your way around WordPress, it's very easy to use, but there is a bit of a learning curve. Don't waste time figuring it out on your own. Take a course and get the basics down quickly so you can get your business moving forward faster. This is the key to getting your site up and running, your opt in pages, sales pages, product pages and blog going in much less time. Let's face it, the sooner you have those things under your belt, the sooner you will build your list and start making an income.
Mistake #3 - Planning and setting time limits
In the first couple of years, I spent way too much time working on my business. Often from 8:00 a.m. well up into the night, then I would get up and do it again. I was determined to do whatever it took to make my business work. The problem with that strategy is, if you have no time limits, no deadlines, if you allow your tasks and projects to take as much time as it takes, it takes as much time as you give it. In other words, if you have no boundaries on your time, you allow yourself to be distracted, to fiddle around more than you should and to go chasing shiny objects down rabbit holes (stop it Alice!). It wasn't until I started to strictly plan and schedule my day with a start time and an ending time that I was really able to focus and get things done in a timely manner. My family was much happier too. I make way more money in 30 hours a week than I ever did in 70.
Make list building your first priority, learn WordPress and structure your days and your online business will have internet success more quickly.
Receive Celene's complementary part audio training to teach you the 3 things you must have to start an internet business and how to get started for under $50 go here http://CeleneLoves.me/getstarted
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Celene_Harrelson

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire