lundi 3 septembre 2012

How Can Social Media Help Business?

I have often been asked what social media is the most beneficial for business. I guess there are as many answers as there are social media networks. However if you really want to know how can social media help your business, I have found that LinkedIn works very well when used in a particular way.
Let me give you an example of how I have achieved success with LinkedIn. I 'made friends' with a gentleman that I do not know and when reading his profile I noted that he sent huge amounts of product via freight companies (this was no home based business!) so I asked him if he could recommend a freight company that was reliable and didn't charge 'like a wounded bull'. This guy actually rang me to give me his opinions on freight companies.
I don't try to sell through social media but rather build relationships by asking questions and offering information. Sometimes I offer invitations (either as my guest or to join my table - then they pay). I find I get tremendous support this way, particularly if I can offer something of value to the ones I contact.
This year I asked 8 individuals if they would like to be guest experts on a Forum I run and I got 7 to say 'yes'. In return they received a free membership and had a full page profile posted online, as well as being able to develop a signature box with a link to their website which appeared automatically every time they wrote a post. This, of course, not only helps with developing their brand, but Google counts each time the link appears towards ranking their website.
Business owners (like these experts I chose) realise the value of having profiles listed for others to read and in turn, many readers build relationships with them. One of these experts has asked me to do a joint venture with them and another has asked me to write a regular column in their magazine. It becomes a real win/win situation.
In my opinion, to know how social media can help business, you must keep in mind that your number one priority should be to develop a relationship with a number of individuals. When I see regular 'ads' appear from some of my social media contacts, I simply delete them and do not even read them. Time is an important commodity for me and I find it much more beneficial to spend time building a relationship, rather than trying to make a sale. Sales follow when relationships are built.
Barbara Gabogrecan is an artist, author, entrepreneur and supporter of the home based business sector. She supports a large membership base (from Australia and overseas) by providing a huge range of marketing and promotional services, many of which are free. There is an emphasis on internet marketing to enable high ranking on search engines, resulting in more clients and increased sales. http://www.homebasedbusinessaustralia.org/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Barbara_Joyce_Gabogrecan


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire